We are advocates of Counselling Psychology /Psychotherapy, who see the benefits in providing professional services to our communities using sustainable and eco – therapeutic models.
The eeai believes in inviting and involving all the interested members of our communities to have a say in how we grow our services together. We also value input, feedback and membership from anybody, anywhere who has an interest or something to say in relation to the Association. We believe that this approach is holistic and effective.
For further information, enquiries or comments about eeai, or to register free as a Counselling Psychologist, Psychotherapist or Ecotherapist on our upcoming website – please contact us by emailing info [at] eeai [dot] ie
The founding members of each EES charter are psychologists or professionals in related fields (e.g., education, human services, etc.) with prior experience and/or certification in all areas related to counseling.
Our Charters: USA (Hawaii), Italy, Greece, Uruguay, Spain, Argentina, Puerto Rico, Australia.
The adress you will see in this page is the current president’s one.
The association aims are to:
– create a place for meeting, exchange and collaboration for Ecopsychology in Europe and the world;
– promote personal growth – individually and collectively – with greater environmental awareness, to enable real resources within families, groups and communities in the service of an ecocentric view and of a deep awareness of our earthly nature;
– organize courses, conferences, seminars and meetings on the topic of Ecopsychology and its practical applications in therapy, education and training;
– create professional development pathways (EES Training) to facilitate the dissemination of ecopsychologically oriented activities among professionals on topics addressing the fostering of relationship and of environmental education;
– develop environmental education projects to be implemented in schools, parks, communities, and the work environment from an Ecopsychology perspective; that is involving and awakening the whole person;
– promote Ecopsychology and create the conditions for its recognition in the academic world as an area within psychology;
– create and disseminate AMARANDA, the on-line publication of the association to disseminate information about Ecopsychology and its applications.
GoodTherapy.org also provides resources about different types of therapy including ecotherapy.
The Centre has been established to further research into the links between Ecopsychology, health and wellbeing.
The Director is Prof Stephen Palmer PhD.
The Centre for Ecopsychology and Wellbeing, International Academy for Professional Development, has been launched to further research into the links between Ecopsychology, health and wellbeing.
The Centre offers an Ecopsychology coaching service. Ecopsychology coaching is an approach to coaching informed by evidence based ecopsychology research. It focuses on enhancing physical and psychological wellbeing through facilitating coachees to maximise the opportunities to undertake Green Exercise and other interventions involving the natural environment.
The Centre for Ecopsychology and Wellbeing, International Academy for Professional Development, runs accredited and recognised coaching courses.
The Centre staff are psychologists, biologists, scientists, psychotherapists and health educators.